SUNLIGHT AND SHADOW...


 
Sunlight used to come to see me
It brought enthusiasm and the sensation of life in full
It was all smiles, extroverted nature
No inhibitions...
 
Shadow used to visit me as well
She arrived slowly, as timid as ever
I felt its hesitation
Her delicacy was very charming
It was pleasant and discreet...
 
Along my life I could see
Their friendship flourishing little by little
Sunlight and shadow running toward the green fields
Enjoying their freedom
It was beautiful...
 
Oh God, they were the portrait of balance!
Had a very gracious way to relate
Were each other's confidants
They mastered companionship...
 
Sunlight and shadow never grew old
Were destined to live forever
And witness the metamorphosis of time over other lives
If they could talk
They would be storytellers
For sure!
 
-Simone-

No comments: