BEWITCHED BY THE FOG...



Wondering...

It was late night, I went out for a walk. The streets were empty and the light of the street lamps started fading away little by little in front of my watery eyes. The granite pavement was shinning as it had been polished. The cold breeze felt so refreshing on my face. I looked backwards and saw nothing as the path I just walked on was already past. I was wrapped by the fumes of fog. It engulfed me entirely. I was now part of its mystery, my existence belonged to it. I was not afraid, but intrigued a great deal. Where that mist was taking me to? I succumbed by its will. I let myself go as I was a feather in a windy day. The fog was so mesmerizing...

Possessed...

I could breath the fog. As I did it, it became part of me. While I was trying to unreavel its mysteries, it was trying to get to know mine... I felt the fog familiar, not an intruder. This first impression made us both comfortable together. I soon noticed that the fog had its own mood, its own personality. It was serene, inviting, tender, understanding of my nuances too. The fog was past, present, and seemed also to be a bridge towards tomorrow. I loved all that peace and silence it gave me! It was generous and inquisitive. I was possessed by its soul.

State of Mind...

While wrapped by the fog, I felt as I had been kidnapped to another reality that changed my state of mind completely... Suddenly, I was an alien in my own world, the world that the fog left behind. I saw my soul out of me, lost in that so dense cloud. It was levitating and moving in all directions. I felt so light as all the worries, fears, and conflicts had vanished altogether. It was like to be born again and have the book of life in front of me with blank pages for me to start writing a new beginning. That gave me such a huge sense of freedom and an urgency to be me in full.

-Simone-

 

No comments: