MRS. MINIVER...

 

 
Mrs. Miniver's rose...
 
A rose was named after me. I love roses! It is interesting how much an ordinary gesture of kindness can affect someone's life. Because I use to greet the gardener every day, it made him to want to name the rose he nurtured with absolute devotion Mrs. Miniver. The rose is a masterpiece of nature. Its petals feel like velvet. Its red has an impressive intensity. Its shape has flawless edges. Its perfume, oh, is a feast to the senses! I have never seen something so divine. So, I was very touched by the compliment, it was the nicest I have ever received.
 
Me...
 
I am Mrs. Miniver, an ordinary middle aged woman, married, mother, housewife, living in a foreign country, and with a mind always in the mood of thinking. I am curious about people. Not about their lives, but the way they parade themselves to the world around. We can learn so much by watching people's demeanor, the way they express their emotions, the sort of dreams they nurture, the way they relate to others (or don't), their fears, hesitations, and specially their unspoken words and bottled feelings, when they try to disguise what hurt them and who they really want to be in full. There are so many nuances... It is a very fascinating thing! It is possible to learn so much about ourselves as well...
 
Witnessing one's life unfolding... 
  
While I was thinking about my son, I saw a movie in my mind of this entire life so far. The time I was pregnant of him and so proud of that! The feeling of having him moving inside my womb was so special. The day he was born, the strong bond between mother and child, the care, the sleepless nights, his first smile, first words, when he was about to learn to walk still twisting his little round legs... His discoveries, accomplishments, dreams, the building blocks of his personal journey of growing up... He has matured so much in ten long years! He is so beautiful inside... his sensitivity toward people surprises me and touches me so deeply! He has a very unique way to stare at life and embrace it. I learn so much from him, from who he is! I admire his tenacity to overcome the so many challenges he has to face every single day. When he goes to sleep, I love the way he holds me, as a koala bear hugging a tree. It is so great to a mother to feel she is taken as a safe harbor and source of love and acceptance by her children. It is a wonderful feeling! I am so lucky for being able to enjoy it every single night. I know I am!
 
-Simone-


No comments: